Can you buy a house for just 1 euro?!
Yes it really is possible to buy a house for just 1 euro! But beware of the pitfalls.
We have carried out extensive research into the scheme offered by the municipality of Mussomeli (covered by the Channel 4 tv show) so you don’t have too.
We provide you with all of the information for you to proceed
MUSSOMELI 1 EURO HOUSE SCHEME
So why are they selling houses for 1 euro? The municipality (town) of Mussomeli in Sicily, Italy have decided to sell some of the picturesque homes that they own as part of a scheme that has proved to be extremely successful in other parts of the Country.
The charming and historic town is tucked away in an inner hilly area of Sicily at 765 meters above sea level and is a few kilometers from the white beaches and historic temples of Agrigento. It is a short distance from the airports in Palermo and Catania, and it is within a short drive to the Mount Etna volcano which is a popular tourist hotspot. Mussomeli really is in the centre of all the action.
So whats the catch? There isn’t really a catch at all. The municipality want to encourage people to buy, to secure more tourism and investment in the area. The house itself is exactly 1 euro. There will be other small costs such as solicitors fee and refurbishment works. But you really do get an entire house for just 1 euro.
All the information you need in our EBOOK
To find out more about the scheme in detail we have complied a really handy ebook.
The book provides detailed information on the history of the town and the scheme set up by the municipality including but not limited to:
- Other areas where the scheme has worked.
- How many 1 euro houses have sold.
- How many 1 euro houses are available, yes numbers are limited and houses are available on a first come first serve basis!
- Other costs in more detail, included but not limited to the average cost of solicitors fees, yearly charges for utilities and the equivalent of council tax costs. Yes – most houses already have electric, gas and water!
- More details on the properties themselves including pictures and costs to restore.
- Tradespeople and carrying out the refurbishment works.
- Residency information, no you don’t have to move to Italy full time!
- Planning permissions and permits from the Municipality including information on CILL, CILA and The Sovereign Tendenz.
- Who to contact about proceeding including the direct telephone numbers and email address for the estate agents marketing the properties so you can book a viewing!
FIND THE BEST TRAVEL DEALS
See if we can beat your flight and hotel prices, try our powerful search tool below. Palermo Airport (PMO) is the closest airport to Mussomeli, Sicily.
FIND A BUILDER
Build My Design is a construction company based in London, United Kingdom. They specialise in the design and build of residential home alterations and extensions. We met the owner, George, in Mussomeli, working on a house that had been purchased by an existing client in the UK. They provide quotes for projects in the UK and abroad. Find out more by visiting there website here.